WORKSHOPS & COURSES
To promote and seed an ecological politics and activism from the grassroots up. To encourage critical engagement with mainstream ideas around health and disease.
From easing social anxiety, to helping with allergies, sleep issues, weight problems and overall immunity – fermented foods pack a punch. A bio-diverse microbiome means resilient and vital health. At these workshops we teach you how to make highly bioavailable and live foods to support better health and cognition.
Participants of our workshops leave with a critical perspective on mainstream ideas around food and health and develop a tool box of their own to revive traditions of creating living, vibrant food in their own kitchen; to nourish and effect change in themselves, their families and communities.
Cookery courses are fun and at AlchemyFlow we like our events served with some radicality too. Our workshops bring together current research and insights into food, gut health and healing to show how the simple act of fermenting in the home kitchen not only benefits ourselves personally but reverberates into wider social, political and environmental realms.
Participants of our workshops can expect an evening of “blinding statements of rebellion” and “gut-savvy politics” incorporated with a sound technical education in the fermentation arts and other gut healing methods and techniques.
See you there!
What to expect:
- A fast paced discussion on the importance of fermentation in health empowerment and healing the gut.
- A line up of interactive demonstrations that teach you creative ways to ferment, using both dry-salting and brining techniques.
- Ongoing support and a handbook of inspirations and recommendations.
- Tasting – take a portion home with you.
- A practical session where you get to put your new found skills in action.
- A bloody good time.
For tickets click below or scrowl down ro see the event schedule.